Tuesday, April 30, 2013

HEY FAMILY!

Ok so this week was crazy. We were supposed to have a baptism yesterday for Karl, the one from Africa. BUT he had a heart attack and then had to have heart surgery (only 37 years old). So he's been recovering and cannot be baptized for at least 2 weeks. But the day of his heart attack we had an appointment with him
and he cancelled, saying that he didn't feel good. Then he called us and asked if we could find him a ride to the hospital. So we called all the retired members in our ward because it was in the middle of the day and finally found him a ride after like 30 minutes. The next day we got to visit him with the Elders and he got a priesthood blessing. Then me and Sister Bui got to talk to him. He thanked us for everything and told us that if his ride had come any later it might have been too late. He said that he would never forget us and that even though Satan can take away his health, he cannot take away his faith. I am grateful for Karl's example to me of having so much faith and not doubting the gospel even when life gets hard.

Anyway so that day was really hard. I was stressed about Karl's health. So it's been rough but I am still thankful for the moments of testimony building and faith strengthening like with Karl.

So transfers are this Wednesday and me and Sister Bui are not getting transferred. I know that if I'm staying here it is because I am supposed to.

So last Tuesday we had zone conference which was so great. Almost all of the Elders are big and tall and a good amount are black haha. It makes sense because Atlanta can be kind of dangerous.

So our Mission President is finally out of the hospital. He had a tumor the size of a football in his stomach and so he is recovering from that. So sad :(

So I heard that there was a bombing in Boston? What's that all about?

Thank you for sending the package! I hope I get it soon! Yeah I want my moccasins to wear out on P days. But that's ok. I'm glad ya'll are having fun with soccer and basketball :)
Oh do you think you can send me Annie's address? Or maybe just the Tui's?

Thank you! Love you! Talk to me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment