Monday, March 11, 2013

First P-day in the MTC


Hello Family!
 
So the MTC has been overwhelming but I think I've got the hang of things now. The days are so long but busy so it kinda goes by fast. I had dinner with Nathan on Wednesday and I've seen some other people I know, like Brent Meservey, Austin DeTavis, Suzanne Hunsaker, and Devin Coy. My first night here I didn't sleep at all. The blankets that they give you is hardly a blanket. It's the saddest thing I've ever seen or felt haha. But I was too lazy to get my blanket out and then shove it back in so I can't complain. Oh yeah, the black flats from Clarks I wore on the first day, they gave me a blister within like the first 30 minutes so I've been wearing my stinky Toms since they go with everything. The showers are surprisingly good, big, and always open when I go to take one. The food is ok.
 
Oh my gosh it is so hard not having a cell phone to text you guys when something funny happens. That's one thing I really miss. The Elders in our class/district are like afraid to interact with us. Well they've opened up recently but before they like couldn't talk to us or sit by us. It was pretty funny. Everyone in my class is going to Georgia except for our district leader, he's going to New Zealand.
 
My companion is very sweet and generous. She is always offering me things like medicine or candy. She is allergic to a lot of things like turkey, peanuts, chicken, and dairy products. So on our second night she went into anaphylactic shock and she had to inject herself with an epepin? Crazy! And at meal time we go talk to the chef about what she can eat and we get to go in the back of the kitchen. Super cool, bet Lindsay never go to do that haha.
 
My roommates are super nice. There are 6 girls in our one little room, with 3 bunk beds. They're all going to Baltimore, Maryland. And they were all super jealous of my package! Thank you so much! One of my roommates' companion is socially awkward..and special. She has been having a really hard time with her because they're always late and cannot teach their investigator because they can barely carry on a conversation. I'm so glad that I have my companion. Oh and you should seriously see the clothes that the sisters wear. Almost all of them are trendy, even cuter than my clothes, and some of them definitely need to reread the sister missionary dress code. One girl was wearing a skin tight pencil skirt that barely covered her knees when she stood. Just sayin.
 
Yesterday we got to teach our first investigator (one of our teachers acting). I think it went well for our first time. It didn't go how I thought it would, yet it wasn't very hard and I felt like I knew what to say. My companion on the other hand was just kind of awkward and laughed because it was a "fake investigator". So that's something we'll have to work on.
 
Also yesterday we got to go to the gym for the first time and it was soooo fun. I played volleyball (I was the best girl so the Elders loved me) and then I played basketball. I wish we had gym every day but P day we don't.
 
Today we get to go to the temple at 3 and I hope you got my other letter and told Lindsay to come! I also get to do my laundry and we're gonna go to the bookstore and buy some t-shirts and stuff.
 
So we found out that we may not have a trainor when we get to Georgia. There are only 8 sisters there now and there's 12 I think here that are leaving on the same day. I hope I get a trainor!
 
The spirit here is very strong and I know I'm not ready to go out into the field yet but I learn something new all the time that will help prepare myself for what is to come. My teachers are great. They are funny and spiritual and let us have breaks during our 3 hour class time.
 
Ok my time is up! I love you all! Send me pictures! And email me through DearElder.com so I can get your letter that day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment